Weight Loss Clinic
Supporting You to Live Your Best Life.
We do things differently to give you your best chance of success.
At the Wellness Institute Weight Loss Clinic, you will find your best weight backed by personalized support from a team of experts. Your customized program will help you tackle your unique challenges around food, exercise, lifestyle, and health using an evidence-based approach that supports lasting change.
For details, contact Ashley Derlago, Manager of Coaching Services
at 204-632-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Best Chance of Success
The Wellness Institute Weight Loss Clinic difference lies in delivering a truly personalized plan that gives you your best chance to build the lifestyle that supports your best weight.
We bring together proven practices in exercise, nutrition, counselling, and behaviour change to deliver customized results while supporting your health
Your Plan is Personalized to You Through ...
... and Backed by a Team of Experts with Physician Oversight
Your Customized Program Includes:
- A comprehensive health and fitness assessment:
A health risk screening, biometric evaluation with testing of blood pressure and values, InBody Analysis to measure body composition and resting metabolism, plus strength and cardiovascular fitness assessment help us tailor your program.
- A nutrition analysis focused on your nutritional needs and eating habits:
A Registered Dietitian coach works with you to align meal plans with your preferences and health needs while moving towards more whole and plant-based foods.
- A counselling session to help you build motivation, confidence, and overcome any challenges that have been obstacles to your success
- Ongoing support from both a Registered Dietitian and Personal Trainer coach to help keep you accountable to achieve realistic goals for a healthy, balanced lifestyle
- A progressive prescription for meal plans and exercises that adapt monthly based on your challenges and progress
- Access to mobile-friendly tools to support your success including our Wellness Institute app and EatLove meal planning tool so you can follow your plan wherever you go
- Weekly group exercise classes lead by Certified Personal Trainers
- Monthly group education classes plus e-newsletter featuring recipes, tips, and articles
- Access to the Wellness Institute facility and weekly classes (includes parking)
- $100 off Nutrigenomix™ genetic testing for personalized nutrition (optional).
Dietitiary Services may be covered under third party insurance plans. Contact your insurer for coverage details. Receipt provided.
In Addition To Weight Loss, You May See Health Gains in as Little as 4 Months:
- Move better and with less pain
- Improve your mood and energy
- Lower your blood pressure and bad cholesterol
- Improve blood sugar levels
- Reduce risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes
- Look and feel better
Lose Weight. Gain Health.
The Weight Loss Clinic Offers Proven Results
In research conducted by the University of Manitoba and the Chronic Disease Innovation Centre*, Weight Loss Clinic participants who completed the program prior to March 2020 achieved the following key outcomes:
- Weight loss of 6% of initial body weight, on average
A 5% weight loss is associated with a reduction in risk of developing heart disease and diabetes
- 80% of participants gained valuable lifestyle changes
Positive lifestyle changes are key to achieving lasting results and lowering health risks.
- 100% of participants would recommend the Weight Loss Clinic to a friend or family member
Satisfaction is an important measure for the clinic, reflecting the customized support and achievements made throughout the journey.
* publication pending, not yet peer reviewed
Clinically-managed Weight Loss
The Weight Loss Clinic is a behavioural weight loss program with physician oversight to ensure all weight loss plans are medically sound, safe, and effective. Our program goes beyond a meal and exercise plan to address the issues that affect your success, from stress triggers and emotional eating to sleep habits and self-esteem. Support continues beyond weight loss with a maintenance program to help you successfully transition to a new normal and manage setbacks.
For Meal Planning
Our online meal planning service, EatLove, helps you plan, shop for and prepare balanced and nutrient dense meals.
While the meal plan is customized to your lifestyle, preferences and food restrictions, our EatLove tool allows you to adapt for real life success. Make food swaps and even plan for leftovers while staying within guidelines set by your coach.
What Our Clients are Saying
Individual results may vary. All advice and programs provided by the Weight loss Clinic are personalized.
“ I have learned so much about exercises/exercise programming, nutrition, food, health, and about myself. They (the dietitian and personal trainer coaches) have both offered suggestions for how to stay motivated and keep on track and that it’s OK to have bad days. Jennifer (dietitian coach) ... has taught me so much about nutrition and how to implement change in my diet for life-long change."
- Anne (age 43) -
“I have settled into a schedule of 3 aquasize classes and 3 trips to the gym per week. And ... this morning weighed in at 188.7lbs, down 40 from when I first visited you back in mid-June (7 months ago)! Thank you so much for the motivation and information you helped me with that allowed me to get to this point in my journey to good health."
- John (age 64) -
Is the Weight Loss Clinic Right For Me?
The program may be right for you if you are at least 18 years old and:
- A doctor or other health care provider has told you to lose weight or that your weight is putting your health at risk
- You are concerned about your weight or you have health problems such as diabetes or high blood pressure
- You are serious about losing weight but have been unsuccessful in losing weight on your own