Improve your quality of life, exercise tolerance and reduce your shortness of breath in this 8-week medical fitness program. This program will help you to become more informed and develop skills to better self-manage your condition.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is also accepting patients requiring post COVID-19 rehabilitation.
The program has been shown to result in the following positive participant outcomes:
- Increased functional capacity
- Improved health-related quality of life
- Decreased symptoms
- Increased mental health
- Increased confidence in managing lung disease
In the program you will learn about:
- Your respiratory condition;
- Recognizing and understanding your body’s warning signals;
- Effectively taking inhaled medications (puffers);
- Lung irritants and chest infections;
- The importance of regular exercise;
- Different breathing techniques;
- Better conserving your energy;
- Oxygen therapy;
- Nutrition and pulmonary illness; and
- Recognizing and coping with stress.
An initial intake assessment is done before you start the program. A respiratory therapist and physiotherapist assess your respiratory condition and level of exercise. All sessions are delivered in a group setting with a maximum of 16 clients per group.
Talk to your doctor to register for Pulmonary Rehab. Internet-based home program available.
Accepting Post COVID-19 Rehab patients by referral from a health care provider.