Certified Medical Fitness
Medical supervision only a hospital could provide
The Wellness Institute at Seven Oaks General Hospital is a Certified Medical Fitness Facility, making us uniquely able to accommodate members from a wide range of fitness levels and life stages. Whether just starting out with exercise, recovering from injury or illness, or training for you next personal best as an athlete, Wellness can help you meet your goals. However, people living with chronic conditions or recovering from injury often have unique requirements on their path to wellness and can require adapted programs or even direct supervision during exercise. That is where our medical fitness model and relationship with Seven Oaks Hospital really makes a difference, offering levels of safety, support, and expertise not available at a gym.
As part of our certification, we provide active, regular medical oversight by qualified and credentialed staff, programs for disease management and lifestyle change, individual health screening with exercise prescription and safety policies with the ability to respond to emergencies. These criteria are closely tied with our focus on raising the health standard in our community.
See the medical fitness difference at work through:
- Our support of community health through partly subsidizing vital programs and offering free health events
- Access considerations designed into our facility and programming to accommodate varying abilities
- Support provided by Wellness Consultants with degrees in fitness-related fields
- Classes led by instructors who are certified and readily able to adapt exercises
- Added expertise through the expert staff behind wellness services and health-related programs
- A diverse membership community that shows there is no age limit for an active life
Our vision is to be a world leader in the management and prevention of chronic disease which we will accomplish:
- through medical oversight and integration with health case,
- with individualized health assessment and lifestyle prescription;
- by offering health risk reduction advice and programming;
- with programs to support chronic disease management and prevention;
- using evidence-based programming, continuous evaluation and tracking;
- by ensuring robust safety and emergency policies, plans and training;
- with rigorous quality assurance and performance measurement;
- through a commitment to improving the health of the community; and
- by delivering the highest quality service to outstanding facilities.