Functional Capacity Evaluation
Our medical, kinesiophysical approach uses the research-based, objective testing of WorkWell protocol to identify strength and activity tolerances. Testing procedures help identify any self-limiting behaviours while ensuring no injuries occur during testing.
One- or two-day Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs) are available. The full two-day evaluation identifies performance over consecutive days and can be used for medical-legal purposes or disability evaluations using Job Demands Analyses (JDAs). Job match reports can be provided.
We also have experience with FCEs involving cardiac and pulmonary conditions, supported by numerous on-site chronic disease resources.
Wellness Institute FCE Referral Guidelines:
- Forward all medical documentation at least 2 weeks prior to assessment date.
- Include goal of referral.
- Include diagnosis of client, if available.
- Include restrictions in place, if any, and who put them in place. (i.e. MD, WCB, etc.).
- Provide clear and specific questions to which you require answers for.
- Provide client’s complete demographics (name, address, DOB, phone numbers).
- Provide client’s family doctor name, phone and fax numbers. (Required for Wellness to send out form letter to the MDs letting them know that an appointment has been scheduled. Also helps to ensure that the MD is in agreement with this form of testing for their patient).
- Indicate if testing is requested to provide a Job Match FCE. If so, please forward a copy of the most recent a PDA/JDA (if available). The PDA should include functional information regarding the client’s job required for the match.
- Indicate if you require a worksite visit prior to performing the FCE.
- Indicate if you are requesting the Wellness provides you with recommendations.
- Give clear billing instructions — Are invoices to be sent to the company who requested this service or the company funding it? This is particularly important for vocational rehabilitation consultants.
- Indicate who is to receive reports, to whose attention should the report be written and who is entitled to receive the reports (vocational rehab consultant or funder, family doctor)? Clients must sign a consent form listing all those who they give approval to receive reports on their behalf.
- Indicate method of receipt for reports — all reports are faxed, if you require a hard copy mailed out please indicate this.