This webinar explains foundational bodyweight exercises that provide benefit no matter your current level of activity or expertise. A discussion on how “simple” exercises help an individual practice the skills necessary for more complex and challenging progressions. Beginners will learn a “starter” routine to comfortably introduce them to strength training, while more advanced exercisers can use the information as an audit to their form and technique, or as a warm-up to their complex exercises.
Plantar Fasciitis is one of the most common types of heel pain. In this webinar, you will learn about the causes of Plantar Fasciitis and different types of treatment including some tips on self-treatment.
Join Dr. Tim Hilderman and Peggy Prendergast for a conversation about the FLU, the risk to your health and prevention options to help you stay healthy and active throughout the year. Dr. Tim Hilderman is a Medical Officer of Health, Interlake/Eastman Regional Health Authority. Peggy Prendergast is a retired teacher and octogenarian. She shares her personal story on the benefits she experienced from getting the FLU shot.
In this webinar on October 30th you will learn:
- About a few common types of low back pain
- Related symptoms of common types of low back pain
- A few self-treatment tips to help manage your pain
Kerry St. George, BMR (PT), MCISc MT, FCAMPT
Physiotherapist at the Wellness Institute Sport Injury and Rehabilitation Clinic. She graduated from the University of Manitoba with Bachelors of Physiotherapy and a Masters of Clinical Science in Manual Therapy from Western University. She enjoys working with clients with spinal pain. In her spare time she enjoys the outdoors—skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer.
Catch the wave of active aging in Manitoba! This video discusses opportunities for all older Manitobans to enhance their health, mobility and continuing participation in their community. Discover how ageless engagement of older Manitobans, can help promote healthy choices and behaviours contributing positively to an individual’s wellbeing and quality of life.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Issues facing older adults that challenge active aging opportunities
- What active aging means & the benefits of living actively
- The ages & stages of active aging: ageless engagement
- Life enrichment through active aging; the importance of staying socially connected
- Opportunities that encourage older Manitobans to be participants for life
Do you have a hard time falling asleep? Are you pumping yourself with caffeine in order to stay awake during the day? Fatigue can impact your health, safety and productivity at work. Join Katherine Kenyon, M.A. in Clinical Psychology, to learn about proper sleep hygiene and what you can do to get a better nights rest.
In this online webinar, you’ll learn:
- What a good night sleep is
- Things that hinder getting the rest you need
- Strategies for good sleep hygiene
- and more!