The Wellness Institute App Support
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get set up with the Wellness Institute App?
Membership includes access to the Wellness Institute app.
New members will automatically get an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org to create their accounts. Be sure to follow the link in the invitation to gain full app functionality.
Links to download the app will appear after choosing a password through the invitation. After installing the app, use your email and newly created password to sign in.
Once you have successfully opened the app, the credentials are saved, you will not need to reenter them.
For forgotten passwords, hit the 'recover password' button on the login screen or use the button below:
Can I access On-Demand Videos outside the app?
Yes, access On-Demand Videos with any browser using the same credentials as the app and the link below:
How do I reinstall the Wellness Institute App after I've changed my phone?
If you already have your account created but are setting it up on a new phone, you can install the app with the buttons to the right. If you are unsure of your password, hit the 'forgot password' on the login screen to send a temporary one to your email.
What is the difference between the Wellness Institute App and Wellness Online Services?
Wellness Online Services are available at wellnessinstitute.ca/log-in
The tool enables members to:
- see upcoming class schedules and enrol in classes
- register for seasonal programs
- see your upcoming classes, programs and bookings
- book badminton/pickleball courts
- book massage appointments
- see account history, make payments and change payment methods
The Wellness Institute App:
- runs on Android and iOS devices
- gives members access to pre-recorded On-Demand classes
- has Featured Programs with workout routines you can follow
- has hundreds of exercise demonstration clips
- allows you to track your workout with some equipment automatically and manually enter other exercises
- includes outdoor activity tracking for walking, running and cycling
- allows you to swipe in at the front desk
- highlights the results of your hard work, displaying the results in graph form
- gives you easy access to Wellness Online Services
How do I log into Wellness Online Services through the app?
While using the app, click the 'Login to Online Services' tile and use the same credentials you use at wellnessinstitute.ca/log-in/. Setting your phone to save your login and passwords is suggested to make this process easier. If you are unsure about your credentials, hit the forgot username or password buttons on the login page.
How can I connect my phone to the supported equipment?
- Put your phone down on the portion of the equipment with the NFC logo or
- Scan QR codes using the top right button and your phone's camera
How do I use the Wellness Institute App to Swipe-In at the Front Desk?
How do I use the Featured Programs?
There is a selection of Featured Programs with suggested exercise programs for different skill levels. Once you have selected a plan, it appears in the My Movement section. When you scan equipment included in your Featured Program or select them manually, your previous sets and reps will appear. If you push yourself and update them, the new values will be waiting for your next workout.
For a customized workout plan, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do I connect my apps and devices?
Click the 'Profile' button in the bottom right, then 'Settings' and 'Connect apps and devices.' Through this section, you can see Google Fit on Androids and iHealth on iPhones. You can start collecting 'MOVE Points' through your phone's connected apps and devices through the following 3rd party tools:
What are MOVEs or Move Points?
MOVEs are the app's unit of movement measurement. The more you move, the more you collect. For example, running for 10 minutes at low intensity accumulates about 200 MOVEs. The faster and longer you run, cycle, row, or whatever your favourite exercise is, the more MOVEs you'll earn. They help you visualize your workout intensity in the Results section.