This work-oriented program assists in an early, safe return to work through goal-directed reconditioning. For clients whose symptoms are stable, but need to improve their strength, endurance or mood. Individual programs are developed and progressed by a physiotherapist with an emphasis on regaining function. Functional ability (including basic lifting and carrying) is tested on assessment and discharge.
- A thorough physiotherapy assessment includes a comprehensive physical evaluation, functional task testing and psychosocial risk factor testing for disability.
- A phone call to the case manager with verbal findings within 24 hours.
- Full written report within 5 working days.
- Full orientation includes a 2-hour education session on understanding pain, safe exercise technique, body mechanics and core strengthening.
- Developed and progressed by a licensed physiotherapist.
- Core, cardio conditioning, strength, flexibility and functional exercise individualized to the client’s physical ability and work goals.
- Fully supervised at all times.
- Program time ranges from 1.5–4.5 hours per day and includes a 1-hour warm water therapy pool class M-W-F (if appropriate).
- Clients may attend daily or 2–3 times per week; sometimes in conjunction with a graduated return to work.
Communication with case managers:
- Telephone contact as needed.
- Regular progress reports.
- Immediate fax and phone contact for client absences.
- The assessment fee includes assessment, all telephone contact and intake report.
- Program daily fee includes a supervised exercise program, pool classes, all telephone contact, progress and discharge reports.
- Additional fees apply for team meetings and psychology treatment, with a minor administration fee for cancellations.