Precautions for Coronavirus
The Wellness Institute Facility is Closed,
but the Clinic is Seeing Clients ...
At the Wellness Institute, we are committed to providing a safe, clean environment. We will be announcing our facility re-opening strategy and date soon.
Our Clinic is open for Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Nutrition and Mental Health Services. Call 204-632-3910 to book.
During our closure, a number of options are available to support your wellness from home. Find out about our one-one-one support, free tools, expert content and programs for managing chronic health issues.
More about the Facility Closure
We have been working closely with the experts at Seven Oaks Hospital, WRHA and Manitoba Health with respect to precautions for COVID-19. We continue to carefully monitor the outbreak and implement all the Manitoba Health precautionary guidelines. We made the decision to close our doors March 17.
You may notice cars in the member lot or people entering the facility during our closure. Our staff, our lot and entrance have taken on new roles as we support the hospital in trying to limit the spread of illness. The lot and entrance are temporarily dedicated to essential workers.
Members will not be charged during the closure. You will not need to put a hold on your membership. We will place a pro-rated credit on accounts for the month of March, effective from our closure date. This pro-rated amount will reflect your membership status (active, freeze, or medical hold) and membership rate for the month of March as well as any towel or Kit Locker services. We will not run billing until we re-open. At that time, the billing will be processed at a pro-rated amount as well, based on where in the month we re-open. We will notify members prior to re-opening by email and through social media. If you are unable to return at that time, you can contact us at that time for a freeze, hold or cancellation.
Expiry dates on personal and group training packages will be extended.
If you need to contact us, please do so by email unless we have indicated otherwise for internet-based services provided through our connected experience. Our front desk staff have been redeployed to help with other duties.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Wellness when it’s safe to do so.
Health care providers are strongly discouraging the public from visiting the hospital if they:
- have returned from international travel in the past 14 days; or
- been directed to self-monitor or self-isolate for 14 days; or
- are experiencing cold and flu symptoms, such as a cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, headache or weakness.
Please take care of your wellness during this time.
- minimize prolonged (more than 10 minutes), close (less than two meters/ six feet) contact between other individuals in public,
- avoid greetings that involve touching such as handshakes,
- disinfect frequently used surfaces,
- follow hand-washing guidelines,
- follow public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation if you have travelled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus, and
- consider avoiding travel, crowded places and events, especially if you are at higher risk (e.g. seniors and those with underlying medical conditions)
If you are experiencing symptoms:
Contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 if you're experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
The most trusted source of information about the coronavirus is the Manitoba Health
Website : https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus/