The Wellness Institute takes many steps to monitor and support water quality in our Therapy Pool.
As part of our commitment to the facility and wellness of our members, the Wellness Institute:
- Performs bi-annual cleaning and preventative maintenance
- Works closely with the Provincial Health Inspector to ensure we meet the requirements of the Public Health Act: Swimming Pools and Other Water Recreational Facilities Regulation. The Operating Permit is posted in the pool area.
- Has Certified Pool Operators on-site who are trained and certified to monitor chemical levels and pool operations
- Monitors chemical levels through a real-time computerized system as well as routine manual checks throughout the hours of operation
- Performs additional manual chemical checks conducted by a Certified Pool Operator
- Has a state-of-the-art ultra-violet light (UV) system that, while not required by legislation, acts as a secondary sanitation measure
- Sends manual samples to a local lab for independent bacteria testing as per provincial guidelines
- Is in regular communication with the Public Health Inspector and shares results of all lab testing
Members are asked to help us keep the pool clean by showering before entry and avoiding pool use if having any open sores or communicable diseases. See the Member Handbook on our Membership page for policies regarding pool use.