House Rules For Health
Class participants are expected to follow our House Rules for Health and not attend if they show signs of illness.
Some classes, based on equipment limitations, will use the sign-up process. These classes are:
Sign-up opens 24 hours before the class starts. Class sign-up is limited to a maximum of one class per day in each category: Studio, Yoga, Cycling, and Aqua (pool). If you arrive after the class start, your spot may be given to another person.
Should you be unable to attend a weekly class that you have signed up for, please un-enroll a minimum of 3 hours before the start time of the class. Contact our front desk at 204-632-3900 to cancel by phone, or cancel by selecting the class under My Upcoming Classes in your Online Services main dashboard. We ask that you provide as much notice as possible so that others can use the class spot.
For non-member guests paying a drop-in fee or attending with a member on a Guest Day, you may attend studio, cycling or yoga classes at no added cost. All classes require advance sign-up. Guests are not permitted to use the pool. (More about visiting as a guest.)
Instructors have the authority to run classes in a manner that ensures an efficient use of time and a respectful environment for all participants. Late arrivals may be turned away at the discretion of the instructor. Please do not enter a class if you arrive more than 5 minutes late.
Participants are expected to follow the lead of instructors and refrain from idle chatter.
- Please wipe all props and equipment before and after use. Treat equipment properly and return all props and equipment to the appropriate places after use.
- If you are new to exercise, pregnant, have back problems or have any limitations, please inform the instructor before class.
- Please follow the instructor's directions. Classes are a group activity; however, you control the intensity of your workout. Classes may be adapted to all levels, and modifications are welcome. If you have any concerns, inform the instructor before the class.
- If you plan to leave a class early, please inform the instructor. To maintain an atmosphere for cool-downs, please be as quiet as possible.
- No chewing gum, food or drinks (other than water) are allowed in classes or the pool area.
- We encourage you to bring a water bottle to classes. No glass, please.
- The use of personal fans is not permitted.
- Please be respectful towards instructors and fellow participants.
- Classes and instructors are subject to change without notice.
- Only non-marking shoes are allowed.
- Equipment is allowed only in classes designed for its use. Equipment is for class use only and may not be removed from the studio.
- Studio use is reserved for activities under staff supervision.
- Indoor, athletic shoes only.
- Only Wellness Institute staff may use the music system.
- All personal items should be stored in your locker.
- Mats and props are currently unavailable as part of our Enhanced Safety Strategy. Please bring your own.
- Participants MUST bring their headphones, a water bottle (no glass) and a towel. Bike shorts and stiff-soled shoes are recommended.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to get set up and wipe down your bike. After class, bikes must be wiped down and seat and handlebars raised to the highest position.
- NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY
- Due to the higher water temperature, individuals with high blood pressure, low blood pressure, heart disease or pregnant women should not use the pool.
- Please shower before entering the pool area.
- Avoid all dangerous activity in the aquatic area. No running, pushing, drinking or throwing objects.
- No diving into the pool.
- No gum, food, drinks or glass are allowed in the pool area.
- No person infected with a communicable disease or open sores shall enter the pool.
- Don't use oils or creams, or wear make-up in the pool.
- Non-members are not permitted to join pool classes.
- No music, other than that provided by the aquatic instructor, is allowed in the pool area.
- Inflatable flotation devices or toys are not permitted.
- Please remove jewelry to avoid losing items while swimming. (Wallet lockers are available).
- Swimsuits are required (no cut-offs) when using the pool. No street shoes are allowed in the aquatic area. Water shoes are recommended.
- It is up to the instructor's discretion to manage airflow in the pool area. Please respect the decision to have the doors open or closed.
- Occasionally, the pool will be closed for repairs or special programs. Check at the Front Desk for closure details and ensure you have an email on file to receive notices (when advance notice is possible).