Keep it local
July 12 – September 27
Each year we host the Wellness Farmers’ Market to bring local, fresh foods to our friends and neighbours. This year we have a range of vendors lined up to bring you a variety of tastes. Join us in front of our entry doors at 1075 Leila Avenue to bring home the best of the season.
The Farmers’ Market offers:
- Fresh produce (fruits and veggies)
- Baked goods
- Gluten-free products
- Epicure products
- Dried fruit
Find us and like us on Facebook for pictures from our market. The Wellness Farmers’ Market is open to all and focuses on wholesome food items.
Produce varies by vendor and by growing season. To get an idea of when local fruits and veggies are in season, check out the helpful calendar by Buy Manitoba.
If you want to learn more about Epicure products, such as which are gluten-free, nut-free, low sodium or certified kosher, check out the Epicure catalogue.
Sneaking veggies into your meals
Try out these tips for sneaking more fresh veggies into meals by:
- Substituting finely chopped mushrooms for some of the ground beef in your recipe;
- Shredding mild squash (like zucchini or summer squash) into a casserole;
- Mashing cooked cauliflower in with your potatoes. They can even boil together; (Note: mashed cauliflower is a bit wetter than potato so you may want to add less liquid to your mash)
- Hiding pureed sweet potato for extra nutrition in your burger recipe; (Note: make it quick by piercing and microwaving the veggie in under ten minutes)
- Sneaking some pureed avocado into chocolate pudding;
- Adding shredded carrots or zucchini to bran muffins;
- Disguising butternut squash by mixing some puree into the cheese sauce for your macaroni; or
- Serving ketchup up as a dip with some pureed sweet potato mixed in.